Live in Abq
Ob-la-di, ob-la-da, life goes on, brah! Lala how the life goes on. Right here in Albuquerque.
Dr Gwenn S Robinson
Dr Gwenn S Robinson (505) 821-2985 is Certified by the Berit Mila Board of Reform Judaism.
Dr Harvey Ruskin
Retired urologist Dr Harvey Ruskin (505) 888-0202 can also perform a Brit Milah.
Bar & Bat Mitzvah
All Albuquerque synagogues offer Bar & Bat Mitzvah programs.
- The program at Chabad of New Mexico / Albuquerque fosters an awareness that this milestone is only the beginning of Jewish life. Regardless of where the celebration and service are held, private tutoring is available to help students prepare for this day.
- One of the primary goals at Congregation Albert is to provide students with the essential background needed to make adult decisions about Jewish practice and observance, and to equip them with the necessary skills and information to be active members of the Jewish community. Only with continued Jewish education can one begin to gain an understanding of the concepts, history, and philosophy of our tradition. It is for this reason that all Bar/Bat Mitzvah candidates are expected to fully participate in the Religious Education programs of the congregation continuously through Confirmation in the tenth grade.
- As Congregation B'nai Israel's students approach their Bar / Bat Mitzvah celebrations, they learn not only their Torah and Haftarah portions, but also to lead the congregation in Friday evening and Saturday morning services. These young people continue to build their Jewish education upon the foundations that were set when they entered Religious School.
- Congregation Nahalat Shalom offers Bar / Bat Mitzvah Preparation (Grades 7-8), which builds community and support among youth preparing for and / or completing their Bar / Bat Mitzvah ceremonies. The class meets once a month.
Two Albuquerque synagogues offer Conversion programs.
- Over the centuries, the ranks of the Jewish people have been greatly enhanced by those men and women who, of their own free will, have embraced the fate and the faith of the Jewish people. While Judaism does not actively seek out converts, Congregation Albert offers a process by and through which serious seekers can become part of the Jewish people.
- Congregation B'nai Israel periodically offers a Conversion Class that provides an adult and sophisticated overview of Judaism.
All Albuquerque synagogues offer Wedding services and facilities.
Contact: Abq Jew Marc Yellin (505) 750-2465 or email@example.com
Members of the Chevre Kaddisha perform the mitzvah of traditional, ritual preparation for burial, known as tahara (purification), free of charge for any member of the Jewish community. Chevre members prepare, wash, and dress deceased Jewish people in burial garments in preparation for burial, acccording to traditional Jewish practices.
Daniels Family Funeral Services
Wyoming Location 7601 Wyoming Blvd NE Albuquerque, NM 87109 (505) 821-0010 www.danielsfuneral.com
Daniels Family Funeral Services has seven funeral homes and four cemeteries in Albuquerque and Rio Rancho. Daniels owns and operates Daniels Family Monument Company, which provides memorial and monument products.
Daniels Family Funeral Service's abundant resources ensure that families are always well served. Daniels takes great pride in the community service that they provide.
Direct Funeral Services
2919 4th Street NW Albuquerque, NM 87107 (505) 343-8008 www.directfuneralservicesabq.com
Direct Funeral Services takes pride in the fact that as a locally owned and operated funeral home and crematory. We provide a sensible and affordable alternative to existing high priced mortuaries.Because we keep our overhead low and have a high volume of services, our prices are kept very reasonable. This gives each family the opportunity and dignity of giving their loved one a comparable service at a much lower cost.
Lomas Location 10500 Lomas Blvd NE Albuquerque, NM 87112 (505) 275-3500 www.frenchmortuary.com
French Mortuary is an independent, locally owned and operated family business. Their primary desire is to serve and care for you according to your wishes and needs. Since 1907, they have been serving families at their time of need, and have learned how to most effectively help those they serve. Four locations in Albuquerque.
Riverside Funeral Home
225 San Mateo NE Albuquerque, NM 87108 (505) 764-9663 www.riversidefunerals.com
Riverside Funeral Home of Albuquerque is a locally owned and operated funeral home that is committed to providing its client families with "Affordable Dignity."
Fairview Memorial Park
700 Yale Blvd SE Albuquerque, NM 87106 (505) 262-1454
Congregation Albert, Congregation B'nai Israel, and the Jewish War Veterans own sections of Fairview Memorial Park, the largest cemetery in the City of Albuquerque.
Vista Verde Memorial Park
4310 Sara Road Rio Rancho, NM 87124 (505) 338-1309
Rio Rancho Jewish Center and the Jewish War Veterans own sections of Vista Verde Memorial Park.